Just call me Betty Crocker. No really, call me Betty Crocker, because that’s all I used to bake these mini pumpkin donuts! I modified this super simple recipe from Girl Inspired. And of course, I modified the recipe to make it even simpler!
- box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix
- can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of water
- can of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix the dry cake mix (no other ingredients necessary!) and can of pumpkin.
- Mix the two as much as you can and then add the 1/2 cup of water. Continue to mix. I bake so little that my arm was literally sore from all the mixing.
- Once the mix is lump free, scoop the batter into a piping bag (or zip lock bag with the corner cut off).
- Pipe the batter into your donut pan. Don’t forget the Pam! I always forget the Pam.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. The mini donuts will rise up like cupcakes. I guess this would be a good time to mention that these are more cupcake consistency than donut consistency. If only we had a deep fryer….Just kidding, I would never use that. I barely use our oven. It took me 15 minutes to dig this donut pan out of the cabinet. So domestic!
- Scoop cream cheese frosting into another piping bag (or ziplock bag with the corner cut off). Once the the donuts are cool, pipe them with icing in a zig-zag motion.
Make sure to either eat these immediately or store them in the fridge! Also this recipe made so many mini donuts- 32 to be exact. So it’s perfect for a get together or a fall party!